Training & leader care (TLC)
TRAINING & LEADER CARE (TLC) helps individual LEADERS notice & navigate the warning signs for crisis in their own lives.
You made need some TLC if you are you experiencing one of the following warning signs:
- Toxic Organizational Environment - Do you work with or for someone who has poor boundaries? Do you feel manipulated or micromanaged? Do you question the integrity of those who are leading you? Is there evidence of abuse of power anywhere?
- Busyness & Overcommitment - Are you constantly running late from one commitment to another? Is there a lack of margin in either your calendar and check book?
- People Pleasing Tendencies - Do you find yourself adding commitments because you are afraid of letting someone down? Is the word "no" difficult for you to say? Do you prefer to sweep conflict under the rug in order to experience harmony?
- Unattended Heartache - Is there pain in your life that lingers or goes unaddressed but is leaking into other areas of your life?
- Addictive Behaviors - Do you reach for something in order to "feel better" that is taking control of your life in a destructive way? Are you using alcohol, cigarettes, sex, pornography, food, relationships or work to numb pain?
- Angry Outbursts - Have you written a stinging text or email to someone lately? Are you yelling at cars in traffic? Have you raised your voice loudly at someone in a way that surprised you? Can you think of a moment when you recently stormed out of a room?
- Hyper Focus On Numbers - Do you find yourself feeling good if numbers are high and feeling bad if numbers are low? Is the pace of your life accelerating in order to meet a numbers goal? Do you find yourself still feeling bad even when numbers are high?
- Comparison Trap - Do you ever spend time online comparing your organization to one up the street? When you head about the success of an event held by another organization, does that stir up anger or frustration?
- Low Level of Accountability - Do you tend to be a lone ranger with little accountability for how you spend your time? Do you ever embellish how you spend your time and what you are accomplishing? Are you handling lots of cash and not accounting well for how money is being spent?
- Absence of Play - Is every minute of your waking life devoted to your work? When you have a free minute, do you find yourself sacrificing enjoyment for trying to "get one more thing accomplished?" When was the last time you spent a day doing non-work related activity that brings you life?
- Avoiding - Are there some responsibilities (bills, taxes, text messages, emails, people) that you are avoiding? When that number shows up on your phone do you ignore it for extended amounts of time? Is your email and voicemail inbox overloaded?